Saturday, December 8, 2007

December 9, 2007

I realized that I have been extremely neglectful in my blog. I never promised to write daily, but I will try to update more regularly. I told you November flew by, and now December promises to do the same (does anyone else feel weird about that whole extra week after Thanksgiving before December?).
Tomorrow I decorate the house, but we won't put the tree up until next weekend. My house feels naked, seeing everyone else's decorations up, but we have a woodstove in the living room where the tree goes. If I put it up now there will be a true Charlie Brown bare tree with lots of brown needles on the floor by Christmas. So we'll start with the outside - outdoor lights!!!! - and then inside and then the tree. I have gifts to wrap to be shipped to my family in NY, so after I decorate tomorrow I will have time to do that and not feel shipwrecked. I kind of like this. Not having or being able to do it all in one weekend - I won't wipe out.
This extra time has also allowed me to make some extra little stocking stuffers for my coworkers and my family. Using up some odds and ends of fabric I loved - but can't say how here until after Christmas.
I'm still looking at my options for upcoming 2008 shows and they are gelling. Slowly, but surely. I have 2 pieces nearly ready for the SOST (Sisterhood Of the Sagging Tits) challenge, due Jan. 31st. I think they'll be surprised. Steve isn't going near them. Says he's not getting involved because he doesn't get it at all. I will post them when they are finished. Pretty funny, I think. the idea evolved after a mammogram..... use your imagination.

No comments: