Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Life is buzzing by

Life is buzzing by so fast I can't seem to keep up. What a wonderful weekend we had with most of the family coming to celebrate Mother's Day. Abbie was on call Sunday so we celebrated on Saturday. Steve marinated a London Broil and cooked it on the grill. Sarah took a bite and exclaimed, "Grampa! Your little angel just loves this steak!" She must have meant it, because she repeated it about 3 times.

The weather was gorgeous so we set up the picnic tables under the dogwood tree and at outdoors. My mother made a banana cream pie that was a huge hit with Peter (2 pieces). Potato salad, deviled eggs, and Abbie made lentils. Pretty good dinner. Peter presented "the four mothers" with two really good bottles of wine. A Volpicella and an Amarone (my middle name - I love Amarone!)

After everyone left we designated Grampa as the babysitter and Keri and I went and got a pedicure. Keri decided to have her nails done in acrylic while we were there. She needed the pampering, so we spent nearly 3 hours there. Somehow, Grampa managed to get Sarah to nap and she was still out when we got home at 5:00. All in all, a really nice day.
I managed to mount the piece I did for Lyric's workshop class and I think it came out really well.
The gray is my design board. I'd like to do more like this. I'd like more time to do more, period.

Tonight is guild night. That's getting difficult and taking a lot of time, especially doing the newsletter. I do enjoy the camraderie and the projects. I'll give it a bit more time. I haven't even been in it for a year yet.

So this morning I get an email from Keri. I screamed when I saw the photos. She let Chad have someone cut Sarah's beautiful hair up to her chin!!!! Granted, she needed a bit of a trim, but not more than a foot. I was very upset, but I'll get over it. Sarah's hair will grow. Someday. 8>)
Obviously, she's still beautiful and she's still Grammy's girl.

1 comment:

Willow said...

Dear Jenny, Love your website and your blog. I'm joining your fan club!

Don't be discouraged by the guild. Last night's meeting seemed contentious, some folks just forget to be nice first. I'm glad you're there and love the newsletter!

Best wishes, Donna