Wednesday, June 3, 2009


Subscribe with Bloglines

I broke a tooth on Sunday, so I had to stay home and go to the dentist Monday morning. Of course - a temporary crown. I took the rest of the day off and got my quilts ready to send to Sacred Threads. I love that show, but getting everything ready to send is a real pain. I just realized last week that I had 2 pieces accepted! There was only one letter in the acceptance packet when I received it and since I had done this 2 years ago, I didn't read the rest at that time. So one night last week I started going through everything to refresh my memory of what I had to do and realized both pieces had been accepted! I emailed Lisa to be sure and they were. So Monday I got them both packed up, hauled them to the UPS store and said goodbye.
"The Stories of Women Are Told in Their Hands"


And my "Self Portrait"


I am so happy to have a job, which I will be starting July 1st in the UNCG Dept. of Nutrition, but it will be sad to say goodbye to my 10-year stint with NC Kids Adoption and Foster Care. Our cube farm has been the perfect gallery backdrop for all of my quilts, which I have exhibited several times a year. My new office is very small and it doesn't appear that I will have anywhere to hang even one. But - I have a job and for that I am extremely grateful. I hope everyone out there who is in need of a good job will find one.

2 comments:

Zoe Nelson said...

Sorry about your tooth! It wasn't the sandwich at Knight's was it?

Jenny Williams said...

No - it was a Goldfish cracker! The sandwich at Knights was great!