Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sketching?

Subscribe with Bloglines 
So - I did sign up for the sketchbook challenge and I know I haven't posted anything yet. So - I'm taking the leap and posting now.


So - I showed this to Steve and asked him who it was. He said he had no idea. I asked my friend, Jennifer, the next day, and she knew immediately that it was our daughter, Keri. Okay - so I did it from a photo that doesn't look like her that mu ch, but c'mon. If Jennifer recognized her, ????? 
I did this with Micron pen.  So - it's a start.






It's not perfect, but look at the photo I sketched it from
I don't know why I can't get it closer, but there it is






 Here are also some fool-around sketches of a wine label that I've always loved called "The Other Hand". Not something you'll find in your local stores, but a really cool label.







And - my copper gingko leaves - I MUST post those, even though they are painted.
These were the inspiration for the copper gingko leaves I created for "Tranquility".
Sketched, then painted with copper metallic paint.



I use my sketchbooks constantly in designing my work. I like to draw loose sketches, and while the finished work rarely even resembles the original sketch, I like to keep it for future reference. good for another "beginning".

No comments: