Monday, June 9, 2008

Fires and Fishing

It's even more stinkingnastyhot than it was a week ago. The difference is the humidity, or lack of it. It's been 98 for the past 4 days, but low humidity so at least, we can breathe.

Steve got home from Michigan Saturday afternoon. He left at 1:30 a.m. and arrived home about 3 p.m. Long drive. Now he will most certainly be called out to a 33,000 acre forest fire the touches 3 counties in the eastern part of the state. The fire is so hot it is creating its own weather system. Smoke is going out to the outer banks and up to Virginia Beach.
I figured it was time to get my forest fire picture going again, so here is the most recent painted background. I added in some ghostly trees for the back drop. I'm really pleased with it. I add some Dyenaflow (?) yellow along the horizon line to give it more firey glow.



So now I need to get to it. Along with a gazillion other projects. Wednesday (June 11) is Sarah's 3rd birthday. I won't likely see her until we go to NY in a week and a half, but I am making her a card. I'll post it when it's finished.
For some reason my creativity has been slumping. I have had time and opportunity to work in the studio, but I seem to go in and just sit there, unable to focus on what I want to work on. When I finally do choose something, it doesn't want to work. No use forcing it. I have been playing and practicing thread painting and quilting.
The weather hasn't been good for allergies, either. Wicked sinus headache so that I can't keep my glasses on for very long.
Steve said the fishing in Michigan wasn't all that great, although he did catch 100 trout one day. He also saw a seagull (in Michigan?!!) catch a pretty big trout and wrestle it to the edge of the water. Great photos!


Here is what was left of him after the seagull finished his feast.

Yesterday I noticed that my lavender is coming out. It's really beautiful. The bees enjoy it, too.


So - that's all there is today.

No comments: