Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Vacation!

Wednesday, Day before Vacation. Yay. I'd be more excited if it wasn't supposed to rain the entire time we're going to be there, beginning when we hit PA tomorrow afternoon. As long as it doesn't pour down in buckets the entire time we're there. It will also be much cooler than here. It will be in the mid-to-high 70's. It's been gorgeous here this week. We had a fabulous soil-drenching rain last Sat., but need another one soon. Nice breeze. It's been great.

Keri and Sarah will get here tonight and we'll transfer Sarah's car seat to my car and pack up our stuff. I hope we get to bed early so we can wake up refreshed and ready to leave by 5:30. I will get Mom's stuff on the way home from work. I think Sarah
(insert cutie patootie photo here)


will likely go back to sleep for awhile. I bought a portable DVD player so she can watch some movies, too. It's about a 12 hour drive from Lexington, NC to Owego, NY, where my aunt lives. It's a pretty drive though, up through the Shenandoah Valley in VA.

Steve spent a good part of Saturday taking the screen off the back porch and scrubbing and scraping the paint. Monday he primed it. All but the doors and lathe. I guess it will be done by the time I get home if he isn't called to the Evans Road fire (60% contained now!) It's already looking much nicer.
Keri sent me these photos of Sarah from her birthday party (I'm these many! 3!) last Saturday. This is actually a typical scene - flying like the wind in one direction while looking in another -

Not sure where she gets that from! Except that I can walk through an empty room and hurt myself.

I worked on my new forest fire Sunday, but not going to post anymore photos. This will be for the Journal Art Quilts show in Houston and we can't show them before the exhibit. This one will be juried, so I need to really do it justice. I'm already really happy with how it's coming. Since I can't post that I thought I'd post a photo of my studio.

I don't think this will be in the new issue of Quilting Art Studios... kind of messy looking. It could use a good reorganization, but it actually works okay for me. My work table is a picnic table from Lowe's. Just the right height and lots of "spreadability".

I am looking forward to seeing family and getting away from the office for a few days. I'll be sure to take lots of photos, if they're not all of rain.

No comments: