Monday, October 13, 2008

Exhibits and Returning Work


Subscribe with Bloglines

It's been too long since I last posted. I've been meaning to, I just didn't have the photos I wanted with me when I had time to write. So much has happened that now I don't know where to begin.

The opening for the PAQA-South Member's Show - "ARTQUILTSreflections" was a big success. This is a wonderful exhibit showcasing members from PAQA-South (Professional Art Quilter's Alliance-South) and there are some outstanding talents in the organization. Janine LeBlanc, who does the graphic work for the shows, managed to take some fantastic photographs and create a website for viewing the exhibit online. Janine claims she's never done a website, but she's certainly done an outstanding job with this one. You really get the sense of being there. Please check it out, and if you can get to Cary, NC before Oct. 29th, be sure to go by the Page Walker Art and History Center behind the Town of Cary offices. Use this to see the exhibit.
http://web.mac.com/janine_leblanc
For some reason, it doesn't seem to want to make a link, so you might have to copy and paste it. It will be well worth it.

Okay - the long-awaited Cutie Patootie photos from 2 weeks ago when we went to Raleigh for the PAQA-S opening reception. On Saturday Keri and took Sarah to the park that edges Granny's property. It's a great park with fun things for kids to play on.



Lynn Krawczyk has done a terrific job with their Breaking Traditions exhibit this year. She is donating all of the entry fees to Virginia Spiegel for the American Cancer Society. The theme this year was "With One Voice" (in case you missed the earlier post) and each piece had to be 12" square. She hung them side by side like blocks to make a huge quilt. Here is the link to that. You have to click on each piece to read the artist's statement. There is also a link to purchase a printable catalog. Most of the proceeds will go to Virginia for ACS.
http://www.fibraartysta.com/breakingtraditionsmain.htm
Sorry - another cold link.

I received word via email today that my "NC Forests: Under Fire" is being returned from the Rocky Mount Arts Center, and my Journal Arts Quilt "Welcome to NC's Beautiful Beaches) is at the post office. It has to be signed for and the form was left in my mailbox on Friday. Today is a federal holiday, so I guess I'll get it tomorrow. "Beaches" has been gone for a year, so I'm really anxious to see it again.

Keri and Sarah came down over the weekend, but I will post later in the week about that when I get those photos sized. I'll try to get them by Thursday. In the meantime, I'm trying to get Christmas cards done and I'm working on a commission. More about that later, too.

One of the girls who works with me purchased a piece from me last week and is thrilled with it. She bought it as a wedding gift to a very good friend. Now she wants to purchase a piece for herself and is showing everyone she knows who likes art my website. Maybe she'll bring in some new collectors. That would be grand.

The weather has been glorious for the past several days and will continue to be so until the weekend (of course). It has been in the mid-70's and sunny, but by Thursday & Friday it will be in the low-mod-80's. Then Monday back into the 60's. I love Fall, even if it does screw me up.

No comments: