Monday, October 27, 2008

New Work!!


Subscribe with Bloglines

Can you believe it? It hasn't even been a week and here I am posting again. I'm proud of myself!

I had such a productive weekend and I'm blown away about it. I have so many projects going on that I often walk into my studio, pause, look around, turn around and walk out because I can't get my head straight about what to work on. That didn't happen Saturday or Sunday and I managed to get so much done.

The rusted fabric from Lois Jarvis for the Stay At Home Challenge arrived Friday and it was beautiful. Very simple, but I loved it. Last week when we drove up the Blue Ridge Parkway, I picked up some colorful leaves that were lying on the ground. I stuck them in my sketch book and forgot about them until this past Saturday. I got them out and laid a few on the rusted fabric. They looked great, so I scanned them into the computer and printed them out on cotton fabric. The copper metallic thread was perfect for FM stitching the leaves and then FM quilting around the rust areas. I think it came out pretty cool.

This will be auctioned off probably in November at Ami Simm's Alzheimer's project - to bid go here http://www.alzquilts.org/

I also realized that IQF is now open and several people have posted their Journal Art Quilts that got juried into the 2008 Elements exhibit. I wanted to compare the two forest fires - the first one that was accepted into the Rocky Mount Arts Center represents Eastern NC with it's scrub terrain and pines.



Below is the one juried into the 2008 Journal Quilts exhibit and represents the NC mountains. This is what I had in mind when I began my forest fire obsession.


I am also working on a sun for our Deputy Director. I wish I had thought to take photos as I went along, but I didn't. I worked on that and another project for a coworker and will try to remember to get photos of them. And I made another 4 or 5 Christmas cards. I am moving right along, I tell you!

4 comments:

Barb Forrister said...

Jenny, you have really made the fire look real. Great job of capturing that fiery smoky feel. Can't wait to see it in Houston.

Maxine Oliver said...

Wow Jenny, They are all so beautiful. I can feel the heat from the fire...You did a fantastic job...Maxine Oliver

Jenny Williams said...

Thanks you guys!

Anne Wigfull said...

Fantastic!