Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Woohooo!! Hudson River Valley Art Workshop!


Subscribe with Bloglines

I am leaving in the morning to drive to upstate New York. Tomorrow night I will stay with my sil, Susan and hopefully get to see my nephew, Keith, and his wife, Mary. Mary is pregnant and due in July. It will be terrific to see them. And as good as that is, Thursday I get to drive to Greenville, NY for a workshop with Carol Shinn at the Hudson River Valley Art Workshop. My friend, Karen Asherman, is driving down from Saratoga Springs to take the workshop, too. This will be so much fun. Not looking forward to the drive up and back, but definitely the rest of it.

Carol Shinn is an extremely talented artist and machine embroiderer. Her work is so incredible - layers of thread that blends so well, it looks like a painting or photograph. I've done quite a bit of threadpainting, using a variety of techniques, but I can't get the blending she gets and mine wants to warp. I must learn her secret to keep it from warping!

I'll return next Monday, so I'll report how it went.

No comments: