Wednesday, November 14, 2007

November 14, 2007

I have to say how nervous I was last night. I joined a traditional quilt guild back in August (the BBQ City Quilters - as we ARE the BBQ capital of the world here in Lexington, NC!) Actually, it's the only quilt guild in Lexington, but that's all right. The women are wonderful and some enjoy taking new workshops and learning new techniques. After show and tell last month they asked if I would present a program on threadpainting in November, which I did last night. I am definitely an introvert, though I love people for short bursts of time, and I was in knots. I don't teach and I am not great at public speaking.
I was terrified that my 20 minute program would be over in 3 1/2 minutes, but it wasn't. I managed to get through without stuttering too much or tripping on something invisible. My presentation was a basic overall view of the different techniques and materials used in threadpainting to get the various results you want to achieve. Most of the guild members said they enjoyed it and asked me to give a workshop after the new year. So now I have to do a workshop? At least I have a couple of months and there won't be as many people. I think I can handle the individual attention better than standing in front of the crowd. So - we'll see how this workshop develops.

After an email from Pamela Allen that I must have a cute granddaughter to spoil, I suppose I should post her photo. You know how Grandma's hate to show photos of their grandchildren! Sarah is a dynamic and brilliant child, of course. Her mom says she is my clone and I feel a bit sorry for her, but am also thrilled! And I get to see her this weekend. That's the most fun. Since she's only 2 1/2 she isn't quite ready for creating much more than chalk drawings and finger paints, but we love to do that and before I know it she'll be a full-fledged Camp Grandma addict. So here is The Butterflly Girl at my nephew's wedding last summer. Butterflies on her dress and on her sandals. She looks so sweet - but what's behind that tree?

No comments: