Sunday, November 18, 2007

November 18th

I was thrilled to see comments on my unknown blog site. Thank you all for that. And thank you Keith - my nephew - for sharing. I am glad I brought just a bit of insight to you.

Today was my mother's 77th birthday. It's hard to know what to do for my mother. She has or buys everything she needs/wants. But I was able to get her a Polartec Fleece that will help block the wind when she is out. We planned a nice mid-day dinner for her with some of the family, but she decided she wanted spaghetti (she makes the best in the world - the kind that cooks all day and includes hot Italian sausage, pepperoni, and meatballs!), so she made the sauce and she insisted on making the cake, as she always does. And as always, ithe spaghetti was out of this world. My daughter, Keri, and granddaughter, Sarah (2 1/2) came for the weekend. And one of my bonus-son's, Peter (and his gf Jill) came for mom's bd lunch. It was a great meal with great family and a fun time



I look back on photos of my mom and see Keri in her. Most people say she looks just like me, until they see the photos of my mother as a young girl. At that age, Keri and my mother could have been clones.












How funny is it that Keri looks like my mother and Sarah looks so much like me? Probably the worst part for Keri is that Sarah acts just like me, too. Or not. I like to think she has the artistic temperament and will one day be a great individualist. But that could also just be those "terrible two's", which Grammy just loves!


So, if you are still with me, I am gearing up for the 2008 exhibit season. I have lots of ideas, so let's see if they pan out. In the meantime, not sure whether I'll be back before Thanksgiving. If not - be sure to be thankful for what you have. I am - and I give thanks every day.

1 comment:

Keri said...

Nice mom. Thanks for sharing the half naked photo of me....atleast I was skinny then... :)
Any who. You are the best. I love you!