Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Another great weekend and fabric cards

Another great weekend with the girls. We hadn't seen Sarah since we went to NY and we still had a couple of birthday presents for her. Keri and Steve put her Dora hot wheeler together and she tried very hard to help them. She's still having a bit of trouble with the pedals, but she's having fun. Here she is from the back - sorry - all you can see is her wet underpants from swimming in the little pool. She forgot her bathing suit. It definitely wasn't easy trying to ride
this in the grass. And then Sarah and Mommy had a game of chase around the back yard.
We also gave her a little fishing game. There is a magnet in the tip of the "worm" and in the nose of the little fish. That's very difficult to do when you are three. That's difficult to do when you are 57! Sarah tried and tried and finally got one! (I think she cheated).


And I couldn't resist my little Sarah Marx shot. She's too funny.

Steve downloaded the photos he took at the coast of the fire situation. No big flames, just smoldering in the peat 3 feet deep. Here you can see how they pump the water from canal to canal until they get it to where they need it.


And here is a helicopter dropping a bucket of water on an area still burning.



And I guess this is the mascot. Steve said this goat and a wild pig just wandered around loose wherever they wanted to go.


He is scheduled to go back to the fire the first week of August for another two weeks. Aside from a hurricane, he'll likely have to go. Of course, the way the hurricanes are flaring up now, who knows?
I'm really excited about tonight. An old friend who moved from Raleigh to Winston-Salem is coming for dinner. I bet I haven't seen Pat in nearly 10 years. We're hoping to cook out, but we're back into that thunderstorm mode, so we might be using the grill pan on the stove instead of the grill outdoors.

I managed to finish 5 postcards for Lynne. She is having a fund raiser for a pastor who has a shelter and needs to raise money to keep it going. I will also donate a quilt, but not sure which one yet. The postcards are my photo transfer/thread paintings. These are fun, pretty, and quick, so they are perfect for charity. These are all from the photos I took of my flowers a month or so ago. Except the butterfly - I took that at Granny & Abbie's last year.



That's only four, I know. My scanner decided to hang up on the fifth one, so that's all I can get today.
I also managed to just about finish my Journal Art Quilt project. I did a pillowcase turn-inside out deal, but it doesn't look too hot. I'm taking that out and doing something else. I really like the piece, though Steve says it needs more branches. He's probably right.
I thought the grand kids were supposed to wear out the grandparents? Keri took this 10 minutes after leaving our house Sunday. Totally out.

And so am I!






1 comment:

-k. said...

Okay Mom,
I know you have photo shop... so use it! Next time you post a photo with me in it I better be 50 pounds lighter....lol
love ya!
keri