Thursday, March 20, 2008

As I'd hoped, I was able to play around in my studio last night. No painting, but I did manage to lay out something I'm really excited about. It involves butterflies and leaves, which is very odd, considering I'm not a big butterfly fan. But someone posted in one of the fiber art digests I'm on about making petals and leaves and described how to make them 3-D. I got the vision and now I have to make it. Or at least play with it enough to figure out how to do it. I'm really psyched about this after reading the story of Annemeke Mein and seeing her incredible work.

I get this daily email from The Story People. They sell a line of cards and little books and have the most wonderful little greetings that you can also receive daily via email. They are kind of like eavesdropping in the middle of someone else's conversation. Keri also subscribes to it and said today's described Sarah: "she's a self-playing accordian & even when she's asleep, her quiet breathing goes a-one & a-two." I have one taped on the wall to remind me that there are no rules in art quilts: "this is the exact center of the universe, which explains why none of the usual rules apply here." I have to have my Story "fix" everyday, so if you'd like to get hooked, here is the link www.storypeople.com .

I've got birthdays coming up and no cards made! I gave the few I had to my friend, Lynne, who just opened a quilt shop. She wants me to teach a postcard class so she put them in the shop window. Guess I'd better get busy next week. I also need to make a baby quilt in the next 2 weeks. Holy Cow! Better get busy.

No comments: