Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Bunnies and Springtime

Well, Easter weekend was so much fun! Sarah was great about riding home with Grammy on Friday. We visited my friend Lynne at the shop and Sarah picked out a Strawberry Cheesecake panel for a quilt. We went shopping and she told Grammy she needed a table and a chair, so of course Grammy got both. We dug in the dirt and played in the sun. It was a beautiful day.


On Saturday morning we all helped Grampa wash the windows, inside and out. Sarah put on her "work clothes" and helped rinse the soap off. She was a very big help and quite proud of herself. We dyed eggs using the silk ties I bought at Good Will. Three came really cool and three came out reall dull. Sarah took one on the run to the living room to show Grampa and on the way back, tripped. The egg went scurplatt! But it was okay. We had enough fun making them. When she got a little too wound up, Sarah went to see Grampa. She came back and told me that Grampa told her what to do - a LOT- and he was a good boy for telling her that. Then she took my face in her sweet little hands and said "when he look at me, I in trouble." Melts your heart, even if she's right.
We were so busy Saturday that we forgot all about telling Sarah about the Easter Bunny! We all went to bed early and Grammy made the basket and put it on the kitchen table. There was a Good Night Peter Rabbit book with a nightlight in the cover, a tin pink and green tea set, a head band with bunny ears, a Precious Moments doll that, when you squeeze his stomach, says his prayers, and just a couple pieces of candy. When Sarah got up Easter morning, she asked "what's that?" She didn't get it at all, but she was definitely thrilled with all the fun stuff. Next year we'll plan better!



Spring appears to be here for a day or two, and then it turns cold and we have snow flurries. We have been fooled enough times before that we don't bother planting our vegetables until late April. Last year it was gorgeous and we planted a week early. We had two weeks of really cold weather that really put a damper on the early growth. I don't have any daffodils or crocuses, but my other flowers are coming up nicely.

These are my hyacinths, which smell so cloyingly sweet that I can't have them in the house. I am allergic to them. It's nice to catch a slight whiff on the breeze outdoors, though.


These are the dozens of Solomon's Seal buds just peeking through the mulch. I'm not sure how well they show up here, but every year they double or triple in number. The blooms stay on for a long time and then when they fall off (and reseed), the green plant stays beautiful for months.
Now that all of the company is gone and Grammy has had a chance to rest, perhaps I can get my friend's baby quilt finished this weekend and get started on my new project. I'm really raring to get into this one. Butterflies!

2 comments:

Julaine said...

Thanks for letting us know about your adventures in blogland, Jenny!

I think the Steve piece is wonderful, and so deserving of being in an exhibit!

Jenny Williams said...

Thanks Julaine! Here's hoping a juror will agree!
Jenny