Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Upcoming Artquilts:Cultures Jurying

Okay. I've decided I'm really going to try to keep this up. If I find I can for the rest of this month - at least weekly - I'll be good to go and will make this public.
So this Saturday is the jurying for Artquilts:Cultures, the PAQA-S Spring 2008 exhibit. Ann Flaherty, Jana Lankford and I are the committee members. Christine Hager-Braun, PAQA-S President, will also be joining us.
This is the second year I have been fortunate enough to be the receiver of all the entries. There's a lot to do, especially when they all come in at the last minute. But it's so interesting to see all of the entries and the different styles and techniques of work. We have received 108 entries for this exhibit, and will likely only have room for about 35 art quilts. The jurors definitely have their work cut out for them! I have entered 2 pieces and am hopeful - I think they meet the theme pretty well. We'll see!
Tonight is our guild meeting (the BBQ City Quilters!). I am really enjoying being a member and have already learned a lot. Somehow I was wrangled into becoming a co-Vice President and doing the newsletter, too. Considering most guild members are not that savvy with computers, I guess I can manage. I enjoy doing it, but I have to wait for other people to provide the newsletter information and it is time consuming.
Our guild President, Lynne Lanning, is opening her new quilt shop "Quilter's Quest" right around the corner from me this Saturday. I am thrilled! She has beautiful batiks and lots of other yummy fabrics.
Okay - so this is my first March post. I will post again after the jurying process this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Well, I know you would if you knew about this blog. So that's okay. No photos because I am at work and don't have any here. More later.

No comments: