Wednesday, March 19, 2008

New Work, New Shows, New Ideas



Okay, as promised - here is the full photo of Psychedelic Steve. I had an email from an old high school friend who said the photo of Steve really took her back to the moment. She said she was thinking how it felt like a lifetime ago - wait a minute - it WAS a lifetime ago! Whew. That's scary.

I-4 Corridor Exhibit

I entered a couple of pieces in the I-4 Corridor exhibit in Florida. They were not accepted, but the curator contacted me and said she loves my self-portrait ("it's a pip!") and she'd like to put it in the portrait gallery. Things certainly have a way of working out, don't they? This is my self-portrait. It was one of the most fun pieces I've ever made.
There are stars in my eyes and clouds in my eyebrows, but I am planted firmly on the ground while new ideas sprout like wildflowers out of my head. Mary also asked for Welcome Sarah, but she's back home with Keri.
I really need to go through my folders of upcoming shows to see whether I have anything that fits any of them. And I need to get cracking on some new work - but not sure yet what I want it to be. I have an inkling that it include painting the background, which is always fun. Wonder if I can get something started tonight - Steve is out of town tonight and that gives me extra time to play. Good plan!

No comments: