Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Word for 2009


Subscribe with Bloglines

I decided to revoke my New Year's resolutions and, instead, follow the path of Christine Kane and choose a word as my guide for 2009. Christine Kane is a life coach and a singer in Asheville, NC. She's very enlightening and hands-on, and a fun songwriter. http://christinekane.com/blog/

Christine provides a list of good words to choose from as your word for 2009, but I did some soul-searching and found my own. My word for 2009 is Journey. Life is supposed to be about the journey and what you do and learn along the way. So instead of scheduling and planning (most of the time) what I'm going to be doing next week, I'm going to pay more attention to what I'm doing now and with whom. Be Here Now. Be the Journey.

I also intend to incorporate the word and the essence into my artwork. I am ready to let the journey take me places I would otherwise be apprehensive to go. 2009 is the year I am letting the journey lead me to other techniques and styles and designs. I want to be in the moment with my art - not focus on the finished product. I want the journey to help me find my art voice. Or rather, a new art voice. 2009 will be more about the art and less about the shows or challenges. If something artful comes out of the journey and is right for a show, I will consider it. I will not rush to try to make something to fit a show.

Except for the Raven challenge, which I signed up for before I chose my word. And it's for a great cause - another for Virginia Spiegel and the American Cancer Society. The theme is Raven. So here is a stamp - I'm posting because I'm not using it for the challenge fiber card. I just thought it was cool.

No comments: