Sunday, January 11, 2009

WISS - WIP



Subscribe with Bloglines

Where I Stand Sunday - over my old, beat up kitchen floor. We put this linoleum floor in 14+ years ago when we got married. It has not weathered well, at all. It is impossible to clean and is beginning to peel up where it was seamed. We have made arrangements for a new one to be put in, so keeping our fingers crossed that it will happen this coming week. Maybe a new floor under my feet next Sunday!

I've been working in my studio all day on the butterflies and got a lot done. I really happy with how the crysalis came out. The pupa is okay, but I'll work on that some more. The green is a little too bright.

I got the other two milkweed plants drawn on the background. I think I will paint one on and try to find some silk organza in the right color for the other one. Give it all some depth. If I can find the organza.

I mentioned in the last blog about making postcards for the American Cancer Society for Virginia Spiegel. Hopefully these two cards will be part of her Collage Mania, but I have to mount them on heavy card stock before I can send them to her. We have permission to post them on our blogs. Collage Mania will begin in March, I believe, so be sure to check here to purchase or view some fantastic art (not just mine).
http://www.virginiaspiegel.com/CollageManiaCall08.html

This one is called Raven's Jewels. It's kind of hard to photograph well because it's so dark. I guess I think of crows and ravens stealing shiney objects, so here is a lucky Raven catching jewels as they fall from the moon. I don't know why they're falling from the moon, but they are.


This was made from a free stock photo. I altered it in Photoshop to make it into a stamp, then free motion embroidered the raven's feathers. I added the red eye bead and made it a combination of two of Poe's poems. It is titled "The Telltale Heart - Nevermore." I like it.

1 comment:

Karen Newman Fridy said...

I think the green looks good! You need to add metallic gold dots to make it "authentic"...go back to my blog and look...it's almost like a seam tacked with gold...really cool! You could probably achieve this easily with a gold paint pen. I can't wait to see how it turns out!!!